Shopify is the most popular eCommerce platform. It’s easy to use, scalable, and comes with plenty of useful features out of the box. However, many Shopify users find it difficult to integrate Shopify with Facebook. In this article, we will show you step by step process.
Before you start, make sure you have the following access:
- Store owner permissions or general staff permissions for the Shopify store
- Access to the Business Manager, owning the Facebook page
- Admin access to the Facebook page you want to advertise
Step 1. Set up a Facebook shop app (it’s free)
1. Go to Apps → Facebook. If you have not set up Facebook yet, go to Shop for apps and install it:
2. Navigate to your app:
3. Connect your Facebook account:
4. Go to Business Manager and connect the relevant Business Manager:
5. Go to Facebook Page and choose the relevant Facebook page:
6. Enable data sharing and choose the level of customer data sharing. You can learn more about this here:
7. Choose the relevant Pixel and press “Connect”. If you have not created the Pixel yet, you can learn more about this here.
Important: once the Pixel has been created, you should connect it to the ad account and catalog.
8. Make sure that you see the relevant Shopify Commerce Account
9. Go to Terms and conditions and press “Review terms”. If you agree with the terms and conditions, press “Accept terms”.
10. If you have gone through all previous steps properly, you will see the button “Finish step”. If so, press it.
Step 2. Add Facebook Pixel to the website
1. Navigate to Online store → Preferences:
2. Go to Facebook Pixel → Set up Facebook:
3. Choose the relevant ad account:
4. View and accept the proposed terms:
5. Choose the relevant country of sale:
6. View and accept the following terms and conditions:
7: If you have gone through all previous steps properly, you will see the button “Finish step”. If so, press it. As a result, you will see the following message:
8. To ensure that the Facebook Pixel was set up properly, check it via the Facebook Pixel Helper Google extension. If something has gone wrong, you won’t see the relevant Pixel in this window.:
Finally, we’re done, and now, it’s your turn to use Facebook Pixel! 😉
If you need help optimizing your Facebook advertising, contact us, and we will do our best to grow your business!